Mosquito Trapping Solution I
Scientifically exploiting mosquito behaviour to eliminate mosquitoes
Unique Egg-laying Behaviour
Female Aedes mosquitoes are attracted to small containers containing water for use as breeding sites and have a unique egg-laying behaviour. They lay their eggs over several breeding sites, to spread them around and increase the survival success of their offspring. These cryptic breeding sites are easily ignored and hard to locate.
Eliminate Female Adult Mosquitoes & Larvae From Their Breeding Cycle
- Ready to egg-laying female mosquitoes enter the mosquito trap attract by a distinctive odour lure. While they rest on a treated gauze mesh near the water surface, their body will be stained with a light powder containing an insect growth regulator and a naturally occurring, insect-killing fungus.
- Female Mosquitoes leave the trap and explore other breeding sites, the insect growth regulator will contaminate it and kill the larvae in the water.
- Meanwhile, the microscopic spores of natural fungus on female mosquitoes will germinate, penetrate the cuticle, grow inside their body and kill the host.
Female mosquitoes leave the trap and explore other breeding sites, the insect growth regulator will contaminate it and kill the larvae in the water. One trap effectively covers an area around 400m2*.
*Limited by on site environmental factors, effectively covers an area up to 400m2.
Unique Advantages Mosquito Trapping Solution I
- Reduces female mosquitoes ability to find and bite people.
- Safe, environmentally friendly and sustainable vector control product.
- Blocks dengue virus replication, reduce the risk of infection of dengue, Zika and yellow fever or chikungunya viruses.
- Will not harm to non-target organisms like fish, birds or mammals.
- US-EPA approved fungus to kill female adult mosquitoes.
- WHO-recommended ingredient of Insect Growth Regulator can even be used in drinking water.